4 Aralık 2011 Pazar

Participatory Culture

I think Star Wars is the biggest (and possibly the richest) production of this culture. Mostly targeting younger audiences, it's also the cute face of capitalist system that we all love.
Altough I am not a Harry Potter fan, it's first volume was the first novel I properly finished in my teen days. I know it is very embarassing but that is the truth. I was more of a comic book kid. And novels were so...uninteresting to me back then. The good thing is that Potter book led to other books (better books), which have actually played roles in changing the way I looked at the world.
I get it though. It's easy to loose yourself in different realms of participatory culture. But when fans get really serious about it, I don't understand it very much. Like the example below :

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder